If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (877) 479-6456

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Watertown Property Under Fire? Call SERVPRO for Professional Mitigation and Restoration

6/26/2019 (Permalink)

SERVPRO Shows Post Fire Damaged Watertown Home--with Poor Drying--Mold!

How Does Mold Occur After Fire Damage in Watertown Home?

Among house blazes that cause fire damage, one of the most disastrous is from an ordinary act people do every day: cooking. When a pan with oil or grease overheats and catches on fire, the absolute worst thing that a home cook can do is to put water into the pan. The reaction causes the fire to expand and spread quickly. Always keep a tight-fitting lid handy that you can cover the pan with and deprive the fire of oxygen, so it goes out.

The cleanup job from kitchen fire damage in Watertown homes is often substantial. Because of the potential to spread quickly and high heat, fire extinguishers are not always enough to handle this type of fire. If copious amounts of water are used to put out the blaze, then problems arise in the fire loss area if the liquid is not thoroughly extracted and dried.

Mold may seem more like a consequence of poor ventilation or a slow leak within a wall. However after just 48-hours, if the proper mitigation of the water left behind from extinguishing efforts does not occur, dormant mold spores can set up home in the area and begin to build colonies if ambient temperatures and materials are present such as sheetrock, paper or wood to grow upon and consume.

Our SERVPRO technicians hold certifications in mold remediation, and we have a Mold Remediation Contractor License #00261 and as well as Applied Structural Drying (ASD). This level of training ensures after the damage from the fire is mitigated, we know the signs that signal favorable areas for mold growth as a secondary damage source. We can help prevent it through the use of industrial equipment for water extraction and the use of powerful drying equipment to pull deeply embedded moisture out of building materials.

Fire damage cleanup should not be a DIY project, call SERVPRO of Jefferson County at (315) 777-8377, and our certified technicians can clean and restore your property and make it "Like it never even happened."

Here is your local govt.

Other News

View Recent Posts